Here is our collection of Farming Simulator 22 cheats. Yes, cheats can be used to gain unrealistic advantages in Farming Simulator 22 (FS22.) However, they can also be an invaluable tool for modders testing their mods and content creators.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Add amounts of money.
- Fill trailers and equipment.
- Spawn bales and pallets.
- Create piles of stuff like crops, fertilizer, and manure.
- Add, or remove, the crops in your fields
Most of the cheats on this page are only available on PC and Mac (sorry, console players.) The cheats are activated by typing commands in the developer console inside the game.
Before you can start using (or misusing) them, they have to be enabled. We’ll get back to that soon. First, we need to provide you with a much-needed tool.
To make the most of cheats in FS22, you’ll need a source code editor. A standard notepad software will do just fine.
We recommend that you download and install Notepad++. It’s a very powerful editor, and best of all, it’s free. You can download it here.
How to Enable FS22 Cheats – Part 1
Most of the cheats below are available in the FS22 developer console, also known as the developer mode. Because the developer tools aren’t enabled out of the box, you have to activate them.
This is how you do it:
- Navigate to the main game folder, usually C:/Users/[ Your Username ]/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/
- Locate the file called game.xml and open it in Notepad++.
- Find the section that starts with <development>
This is what the section looks like:
<development> <controls>false</controls> <openDevConsole onWarnings=”false” onErrors=”false” /> </development>
Now, take a closer look at this line: <controls>false</controls>. Replace false with true.
Finally, save the game.xml file, close it and start the game. You are now ready to begin using console commands in FS22.
You’re soon ready to start using the cheats, but first you need to tell the game engine to allow them. This is how you do it:
- Right-click on the FS22 shortcut on the desktop.
- Click on properties
- Add -cheats at the end in the Target: field (see the image below.)
- Click Apply, then OK.
Are you playing FS22 on Steam? Here’s what you need to do before you start the game:
- Open Steam and navigate to the library.
- Right-click on Farming Simulator 22 in the left-hand menu, click Properties.
- Locate Launch Options in the General menu.
- Put -cheats in the text field.
Now, close the properties window and launch the game.
How to Access Developer Mode In-Game
Are you still with me? Good! You’re now ready to start cheating your way to success in FS22. You can also use the developer mode to test your mods or create mesmerizing content for your fans.
That’s fine and all, but how do you access the developer console?
I’m glad you asked. Here’s how you do it when FS22 is running:
Just press the upper left key on your keyboard. It’s the key below the Esc key and above the tab key, usually referred to as the tilde key (~).
Now, you can start using all the different console commands that are built into the game.
Useful Cheats and Console Commands
Using the FS22 Developer Console means entering different commands to get the result you want. Here’s our list of useful cheats and commands. Click on the links to open the guides:
- Money cheat – How to add money.
- Use console commands to fill trailers, tanks, and equipment.
- Create heaps of crops and other stuff.
- How to spawn bales and pallets.
- Change the state of the fields, add or remove crops (coming soon.)
Here are some other commands you might find helpful. Remember that you don’t have to write the entire command; enter the first letters, then press the Tab key to autocomplete the command. Note that tabbing creates a space behind the command automatically.
Oh, and all the commands are case-sensitive.
- gsFarmlandBuy – Buys the farmland with a given id, e.g., gsFarmlandBuy 1
- gsFarmlandBuyAll – Buys all farmlands.
- gsFarmlandSell – Sells the farmland with given id e.g., gsFarmlandSell 1
- gsFarmlandSellAll – Sells all farmlands.
- gsHudVisibility – Toggles HUD visibility on or off.
- gsScriptCommandsList – Lists most script-based console commands. Use ‘help’ to see all commands. The commands will be visible in the log.txt file.
- gsSnowAdd – Adds snow and winter textures, e.g., gsSnowAdd 3 adds almost 20 cm of snow all over the map.
- gsSnowReset – Removes the snow but not the winter textures.
- gsTeleport – Teleports you to a given field or x/z-position. For example, gsTeleport 10 will teleport you to field 10. If you’re inside a vehicle when you run the command, the vehicle and anything attached to it teleports too.
- gsPlayerFlightMode – Enables and disables the flight mode. Toggle it on or off with the J key. Use keys Q and E to change altitude.
- gsScriptCommandsList – Lists script-based console commands. type help to get all commands.
Cheats Available as a Mod
Some of the cheats above have been made available through the FS22 Power Tools mod. It eliminates the need for enabling the developer console and writing commands.
Here are the cheats included:
- Unlimited money.
- Fill or empty vehicles and tools.
- Enable flight mode.
- Toggle the HUD on or off.
- Super strength.
You can read more about the Power Tools mod here. It’s possible to download it from the in-game modhub.