Tractors are the centerpiece of Farming Simulator 22. They are the vehicles you’ll probably spend most time inside.
FS22 tractors come in many shapes and sizes. They include a lot of features. Here are answers to the most asked questions about tractors in FS22:
1. What tractors are in FS22?
The vanilla version of Farming Simulator 22 has more than 60 tractors from 20 brands. The brands are:
- Case IH
- John Deere
- Massey Ferguson
- New Holland
Since the release of FS22 in 2021, two new brands have been added to the game by the developer, Giants software, as DLCs. These brands are Antonio Carraro and Kubota.
The Antonio Carraro DLC included 10 tractors, while the Kubota DLC added four tractor models.
But wait, there’s more. I haven’t mentioned tractor mods. You’ll notice tractors from other brands when you visit the official FS22 modhub. Here are some examples:
- Big Bud.
To name a few…
2. What is the best tractor in Farming Simulator 22?
The top five tractors in FS22, according to players, are:
- John Deere 4755-4955: 4.8 stars of 5 (1276 votes)
- Zetor 62-7745: 4.8 stars of 5 (1171 votes)
- International Farmall H: 4.8 stars of 5 (1059 votes)
- John Deere 9R, 9RT, 9RX 2019 Series: 4.8 stars of 5 (1012 votes)
- John Deere 710: 4.8 stars of 5 (990 votes)
However, the term “best tractor” is subjective. You might disagree with the list above. You might find that you like other tractors better.
That’s why I suggest you take your time and test a lot of tractors yourself. You can use the list above as a starting point. You can also take a look at the tractors I think are the best.
3. How do you get a tractor in Farming Simulator 22?
There are several ways to get a tractor in FS22. The first option is to buy one if you have the money.
Every map in FS22 has at least one machinery dealer. Visit the one on the map you’re playing on and look for the shopping basket icon. Interact with the icon to open the shop menu, where you’ll find the available tractors.
It’s also possible to lease a tractor. Again, visit your FS22 machinery dealer. Instead of buying the tractor, choose the lease option when you’re inside the shop. And remember to return the tractor once you’re finished.
If you’re playing on PC or Mac, you can have the dealer bring the tractor to you instead.
If you download the Store Deliveries mod, you can buy and lease tractors, vehicles, and tools and have them delivered at your preferred location.
How to get a Tractor Mod in FS22
If you by “how do you get a tractor in FS22?” mean how to add more tractor models and brands to the game, the official modhub is where you want to start:
- Start the game.
- Go to “Downloadable Content” from the main menu.
- Choose one of the tractor mods categories.
- Click on the tractor you want to open its download page.
- On that page, click on “Install.”
4. How do you clean an FS22 tractor?
There are several ways of cleaning a tractor in Farming Simulator 22. The most realistic method is to use a pressure washer to remove the dirt and crop residue.
Some FS22 mod maps have pressure washers installed on the starting farm.
If you can’t find a pressure washer, you must buy one. You’ll find a Kärcher pressure washer in the construction part of the shop. Once you have the game running, you’ll find it here:
Construction -> Buildings -> Tools
If you want a different washer, you can search inside the official modhub for pressure washer mods.
The Lazy Man Method
There is an even easier way to wash your tractors, other vehicles, and tools in FS22. The condition is that you’re playing the game on PC or Mac.
- Get inside the vehicle you want to clean:
- Press the INS button on your keyboard.
- The vehicle gets instantly cleaned.
The mod ensures that tools and equipment attached to the vehicle are also cleaned.
5. Will FS22 have John Deere?
Yes, there are a lot of John Deere vehicles in Farming Simulator 22. For example, 11 different John Deere tractors are available with the base game, like the 6M series, the 7810, and the massive 9RX series.
Other John Deere vehicles are in the game, too, like combines, a forager, a cotton harvester, and the XUV865M utility vehicle.
Outside the base game vehicles and tools, there are a lot of John Deere mods that you can download and install for free. Did you know there are more John Deere tractor mods than any other brand?
6. Is Kubota in Farming Simulator 22?
Yes, Kubota has entered Farming Simulator 22 as an official brand. Official means that Giants Software, the developer of FS22, has secured a license to add Kubota vehicles and equipment to the game.
However, most Kubota vehicles aren’t shipped with the game. You must buy a DLC to enjoy them in the game. The Kubota DLC includes the following tractors:
- The M5, the M6, the M7, and the M8 series.
- There are also two skid-steer loaders in the pack; the SSV 75 and the SVL 97-2.
- You also get two UTVs with the DLC; the RTV-X1140W-H and the RTV-XG850 Sidekick.
There are some free Kubota mods besides the DLC, like the Kubota Equipment Pack, with no less than 17 different tools and equipment in orange.
7. How do you hook up an FS22 tractor to a front loader?
Do you want to hook up a front loader to your tractor in Farming Simulator 22? Great! I’ll tell you how you do it.
First, you want to ensure that your tractor has a front loader console or a front loader attacher, as some say. Most small and medium tractors can be equipped with one; just buy it in the shop.
If you want to add front loader capabilities to a tractor you already own, here’s how you do it:
- Place your tractor inside the workshop area.
- Interact with the wrench icon to open the Vehicle options menu.
- Select Customize.
If your tractor is compatible with front loaders, Front Loader Attachers will be one option in the shopping menu.
Now that you have installed the attacher, it’s time to hook up a front loader:
- Drive your tractor slowly towards the front loader.
- Continue driving until the tractor’s hood is between the front loader arms.
- An on-screen prompt will tell you when you’re in the correct position.
- Now, press the corresponding button to attach the front loader.
Want more realism?
Do you want to simulate how front loaders are attached in real-world farming? Then you’ll love the Manual Attach mod for FS22.
The mod forces you to manually attach front loaders, trailers, and other tools. You must get outside the tractor’s cabin to hook up stuff to your tractor.
I’ve written a guide on how to use it: Manual Attaching FS22 – How to make it work.
8. What tractors can have front loaders FS22?
It’s mainly vehicles in the Small Tractors and Medium Tractors categories that can be equipped with front loaders.
None of the base game tractors in the Large category are set up with front loader capabilities.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t get large FS22 tractors that work with front loaders. The official FS22 modhub has a couple of large tractor mods with loader options:
9. Is Lizard a real brand of tractors?
No, Lizard is an imaginary brand used by Giants Software for unlicensed tractors, vehicles, and equipment in the Farming Simulator games.
The Lizard brand is mainly used for mods available on Xbox and PlayStation consoles.
If a console mod resembles real-world machinery, it’s branded Lizard whenever Giants Software doesn’t have the license. The reason is that Microsoft and Sony don’t allow unlicensed material on their video game systems.
The restrictions aren’t as strict for computer mods. That’s why you’ll find Ford tractor mods for PC and Mac on the official modhub. The same model is also available for consoles but under the Lizard brand.
10. Will FS22 have Ford?
Ford is not an official brand for Farming Simulator 22, unfortunately. Giants Software doesn’t have the license to use Ford tractors or other vehicles in the game.
However, that doesn’t mean there aren’t Fords available. If you’re playing the game on PC or Mac, you can download some Ford tractor mods from the official modhub.
The same models are available on consoles, too, but under the Lizard brand. Due to console manufacturer restrictions, Giants Software isn’t allowed to put unlicensed brands on Xbox and PlayStation.
11. How do you sell tractors on Farming Simulator 2022?
You can sell your tractors directly from the shopping menu in the game (press the P key on keyboards, the Touchpad on PlayStation, or the View button on Xbox.) Just click the garage icon on the left side menu.
However, you’ll get a much better price for your used tractor if you take it to the map’s machinery dealer. Each dealer has a trigger for selling and customizing vehicles and tools. Also, remember to repair and repaint the tractor first. It will give you additional profits.
When should you sell a tractor in FS22?
The consensus within the Farming Simulator community is that it’s ideal to sell tractors when they reach 40–50 hours of use. It’s also wise to repair the tractor often while it’s in your possession.
12. What is the fastest tractor in FS22?
Out of all the base game tractors, here are the fastest ones:
- JCB Fastrac: 70 kph, 44 mph.
- Fendt 1000 Vario: 60 kph, 73 mph.
- Fendt 900 Vario: 60 kph, 73 mph.
- Deutz-Fahr 8 Series TTV: 60 kph, 73 mph.
- Deutz-Fahr 7 Series TTV HD: 60 kph, 73 mph.
- JCB Fastrac 4220: 60 kph, 73 mph.
Below these models, you’ll find a lot of tractors that do 50 kph, 31 mph.
However, there are modded tractors that go a lot faster. One example is the John Deere 4755. It has a max speed of 150 kph, 93 miles per hour. Tractor speeds like that are pretty uncommon in the real world.
However, it’s worth mentioning that the JCB Fastrac Two holds the Guinness World Record for the fastest tractor. It can do 218 kph, 135 mph.
13. How do you get out of the tractor in Farming Simulator 22?
To enter a tractor in Farming Simulator 22, move your character close to the tractor. The Enter Vehicle command will be displayed in the upper left menu when you’re close enough.
Here are the key and buttons you need to press now:
- The Square button on PlayStation.
- The E key on your keyboard.
- The X button on Xbox.
The key and buttons you need to press to exit the tractor are the same ones you use to enter it:
- The E key on your keyboard.
- The Square button on PlayStation.
- The X button on Xbox.
14. How do you start a tractor in Farming Simulator 22?
Starting a tractor in FS22 is done in one of two ways, depending on if Automatic Engine Start is set to on or off in the game settings:
When Automatic Engine Start is on: The tractor will start automatically when you enter it.
If Automatic Engine Start is off, you’ll have to press the following key or buttons:
- The Enter key on your keyboard.
- R1 + Square on PlayStation.
- RB + X on Xbox.
The procedures above are also true for shutting off a tractor. When Automatic Engine Start is activated in the game settings, the engine shuts down automatically when you exit the tractor.
If Automatic Engine Start is deactivated, you can press the same key or buttons you did to start it to shut it down.
15. How do you service an FS22 tractor?
Wear and tear are a feature of Farming Simulator 22. Using your tractor in FS22 results in the gradual deterioration of the vehicle. By how much is visualized by the orange-colored gauge with a wrench icon next to it on your screen.
You can counter the approaching breakdown by repairing your vehicle.
The machinery dealer on the map you’re playing on has a workshop. This is where you can service your tractor:
- A wrench icon marks the maintenance area.
- Drive the tractor close to the icon.
- Get out of the tractor and interact with the icon.
This opens the vehicle menu. Now, select the Repair option to service your tractor.
There are also several workshop mods on the official FS22 modhub. These are buildings or service markers you can place on your land.
16. How do you customize your tractor in Farming Simulator 2022?
Do you want different wheels, more beacon lights, or a more powerful engine for your FS22 tractor? Customizing tractors in the game is easy:
Visit the machinery dealer of the map you’re playing on.
- Drive the tractor close to the wrench icon.
- Jump out of the vehicle to interact with the icon.
- Choose Customize from the shop menu that appears.
Some of the customizations can be done for free. Other options can be pretty costly.